Navigation bar

Image Map

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Beauty tip: My homemade body butter

A while back I mixed up my own body butter and it's worked wonders for my skin. The ingredients are great for evening out and brightening the skin, as well as keeping it nice, smooth and supple, especially in these colder and dryer months. Check out the recipe after the jump!

-a 4-6 oz. container
-1 oz. of unscented, unrefined shea butter (I use AAA Brand)
-1 oz. of 100% pure, natural cocoa butter
-1 tbs. of unrefined coconut oil
-2 tbs. of unrefined olive oil
-2 tsp. of jamaican black castor oil (or unrefined castor oil)
-a few drops of pure vitamin E oil
-(optional) 10 drops of lavendar essential oil (or any essential oil of your choice), for scent

Melt down the butters until they can be easily stirred with a spoon, and scoop into your 6 oz. container. Then, pour in your oils, add your essential oil, and stir the mixture until all of the elements are evenly combined. Let the mixture sit until it is cool, smooth and creamy. 

I use this mixture on my damp skin about once or twice per day, and it lasts me 4-6 weeks!

P.S. This body butter is great for preventing and reducing the appearance of stretch marks and wrinkles. Win, win, win!

(image via)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the lovely comments! I read and value every single one.