Navigation bar

Image Map

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Clinique High Impact Curling Mascara

I don't wear makeup, but I love watching YouTube gurus, reading make-up blogs and figuring out what products I like and don't like. A couple of weeks ago, I decided to try out Clinique's High Impact Curling Mascara (after reading tons of mixed reviews), just for the heck of it, and I just have to tell you guys about it!
Clinique High Impact Curling Mascara is a contact-lens-friendly mascara that's meant to lengthen, volumize and curl the lashes. I have pretty normal lashes (neither long, nor short; straight, nor curly), and I also wear contacts, so I knew that this was something that I wanted to try.

This mascara doesn't provide enough curl on its own, but after using lash curlers, it holds a curl beautifully. I bought it in the darkest color, black, and it truly is so, so black, which is especially great if you have darker skin.

One of the first things I noticed about this product was that the formula is very smooth, which is really fantastic considering most mascaras are either too wet or too dry. Also, because the formulation is so smooth, I didn't experience any clumping or "spider lashes"! Another thing I should mention is that this is a tubed mascara, which means it encases each eyelash with a tiny "tube" of mascara, and thereby makes your lashes look super long. Plus, the curved brush provides great lift to the lashes, and fans them out beautifully. 

Another bonus is that this mascara lasts all day without flaking, and comes off easily with just a little soap and warm water. And the best part? No animal-testing!

Have you ever tried this mascara? Which mascara is your favorite?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great! I'm addicted to mascara, because I have blonde lashes, but they're quite long and curled naturally so my only requirement is that it's black! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the lovely comments! I read and value every single one.